Contribution from Sally Morgan:
Can I add the issue of loans e.g. insurance required before equipment will be sent home on loan (trust decision after the theft of a device and the family had no home contents insurance). We researched insurance companies that will insure single devices and got round it that way, plus a loan agreement.
Great idea Sally. We will aim to have more information on this subject on here by July 2018.
Anyone who has specific information to contribute to this, please comment below or send an email via the contact page.
- Unable to download apps through App store – NICE guidelines suggest only apps with a CE mark can be used in practice. [Some trusts enforce this – others don’t]
- Access app store through the healthcare provider’s corporate account & VPP account
- Ask whether your IT department use Push/pull or MDM (mobile device management) solutions which your service can tap into
- Complete an incident/datix report stating that it wasn’t possible to provide appropriate therapy or AAC system due to prevented access
- Make a risk management complaint stating that the patient is at risk of isolation & depression without access to a particular app
- Request exceptional allowances from IT
- Argue that the app is used under clinical supervision and following advice and collaboration with peers nationwide (e.g. members of CitCen have recommended it)
[Note: Step-by-step is the only therapy software we have come across which has a CE certificate]